Monday, July 30, 2012

The Little Things: Three Weeks – Already!

One of the many things I have learned in these past three weeks is how my priorities have changed. Sorry I have not posted anything in a while, but I think I am back, and hopefully will have at least one post a week.

Last Monday, Edison had his two week check up.  At that appointment he weighed 7.4 pounds (50th percentile) and 20 inches tall (75th percentile.)  He is growing very well, and will be out of newborn clothing soon.

Last week, I also had my two week follow up appointment from my c-section, and I am healing wonderfully. I still walk at a slower pace, but other than that you wouldn’t really know I had surgery three weeks ago. I am feeling great, and I know how lucky I am.

Eddie’s Mom and Zion left us on Thursday night after being here for over two weeks. We had a wonderful time with both of them. Zion loved his little brother so much. It was so nice to have Gabby here especially with all of the cooking and cleaning she did. While we hated to see them leave, it is nice to have some alone time and to start figuring out what our new normal is going to be. 

Today is my second day alone with the little man, and we are surviving. We started what will hopefully be our daily morning walks today. Edison was awake the whole time, but didn’t make a sound. Diego walked perfectly next to the stroller. Both of them made it very enjoyable for me. Both Edison and I took baths this morning, so if we get nothing else accomplished today, it’s going to be okay.

Diego is doing so well with Edison. A lot better than I thought he would. He is very tolerant of him, and really only gets jealous when guests come over.

We are figuring everything out, and can’t wait for what’s to come.








No comments:

Post a Comment