Friday, March 30, 2012

The Little Things: Five Things I Love This Week

Puppy Love – You know it’s going to be a good day when your morning starts out with puppy love. And make that love from 6 puppies! A co-worker of mine who fosters animals for Watermelon Ranch in Rio Rancho stopped by with the 6 puppies that she is fostering. It is a good thing I have a baby on the way, or I just might have another fury baby. They should be available in 2 weeks if you want one.

Rebecca and I

Jessica


Brunch on the Patio – Last Sunday was so nice that after Mass, Eddie and I came home and enjoyed our favorite breakfast on the back patio. It is so nice to be able to enjoy that space with great weather and fantastic company. By the way, our favorite breakfast is pancakes with Nutella, strawberries and banana’s, and of course a side of turkey bacon. I hope we can repeat that this weekend.

Coral Nail Polish – I have been loving coral nail polish on others lately. Last week I picked up my own bottle. I chose ‘Poppy’ by Revlon due to the sheen. It is great on fingers and toes!



Smoothies – I finally mastered my smoothie making. A few months ago I started making smoothies with protein powder in them when meat was not tasty. However they are so good, and good for me that I have kept making them. I start with a whole banana and one scoop of vanilla protein powder. I add milk. I never measure it, but it is probably ¼ cup. I blend that first. Then I add a handful of fresh spinach, and blend that. This sounds odd, but you don’t taste it. I then add frozen blueberries, and blend again. At the very end I add the ice. Try it, I am sure you will like it!

Stila Lip Gloss – I have been a MAC lip gloss girl for quite a while. I love the colors and I really like how it feels on my lips. Right before Christmas Costco had a pack of 8 Stila lip gloss for $20. I could not pass up a deal that good, so I bought it. I am just getting around to using them, and I love them. The colors are perfect and they feel good on my lips too! When I am all out I wonder which brand I will buy next?


No comments:

Post a Comment