Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Little Things: The Decision to Wait

With only a few days left until the ultra sound where we would be able to find out the gender of our child, I thought I might have changed my mind. I have not!

The decision to wait was actually pretty easy. Even before Eddie and I were married we were talking about children. Almost immediately Eddie said he did not want to know the gender of our children before they were born. Of course I was unsure about this. Since the norm these days is to find out, I just assumed we would as well. Not to mention I am a planner. I also thought ‘how can you have a cute nursery?’ Time went on with little talk, since it was in the far future, until the day I read something that made me agree with Eddie.

Our friends Amanda and Greg chose to wait. The day after their baby girl was born Greg made this post to their blog:

“For those thinking about waiting to find out the sex of their child until birth, the moment when you step out into the waiting room, look into your parents eyes and tell them, "It's a Boy/Girl!" is one of the most emotionally overwhelming things you'll ever do. I highly recommend it.”

I was sold instantly, not for me though. I knew that this is what Eddie wanted and it made me want it for him too! After all, he is the one that will get to experience this, not me. Thank you Greg.

Ever since we made the decision to wait, I have been very happy about it. I think it is so much harder on everyone else. Ha! Even after two close friends recently found out, my mind has not changed. And thanks to Pinterest, I have proof that you can have an adorable neutral nursery.

To read the whole blog post and more, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, that's sweet. Thanks for the shout out. And I'm excited you guys aren't finding out. Its such a fun surprise.

    ReplyDelete