Monday, February 6, 2012

The Little Things: Pregnancy Brain – It’s Real

Oh, it’s real all right. Scientifically you really do loose brain cells when you are pregnant. Luckily you get them back after delivery. I am mostly dealing with this at work. Almost once a day I go downstairs with something in mind and by the time I get there I can’t remember what I needed or was doing. Then, of course, I remember when I get back to my desk. The only benefit, I am getting extra exercise going up and down the stairs.

Last week, I had quite the pregnancy brain. I had to go to a specialty store to order a personalized gift for a friend of mine. The store is not really near my house or office, so when I was told they would be ready in 30 minutes I was excited. I decided to grab lunch and come back when they were ready. When I got back to the store, they were ready. I paid for my order and left. Unfortunately, I left the order on the counter and did not even realize this until I got back to work. I really could have done with out the extra trip on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment