Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Little Things: Sleeping Positions

16 weeks! The baby is now the size of an avocado. I have yet to gain any weight, but hopefully I will soon. I am definitely showing all of the time now, and people who know can really tell. Hopefully strangers can tell and don’t just think I am fat. I am still not starving all of the time but I am trying to eat well. Still love fruits and veggies. I have been able to eat a little meat at lunch, but dinner in general is difficult. I am now making protein smoothies for breakfast, which are delicious, and wonderful for me.

16 weeks

 At 16 weeks you are suppose to stop sleeping on your back. Apparently as the baby gets bigger while on your back it rests on an artery that takes blood to the baby and your brain. This has been a challenge since I am a back sleeper. Sometimes I will roll on my side, but too long on my side makes my back hurt. I have really been trying to sleep on side, and feel guilty when I wake up on my back. Pillows help, but my back is still sore every morning. I will definitely be talking to my doctor about this next week.

1 comment:

  1. First, you look great!! I'm kind of jealous that you haven't gained weight yet, not gonna lie. :) I've gained 7 pounds (not counting gaining back the weight that I originally lost.) Second, I broke down and bought a ridiculously expensive pregnancy pillow. It helps. I can definitely tell a difference on mornings that I used it properly all night and mornings that I clearly got annoyed with it. Good luck!! Keep the pictures coming! <3

    ReplyDelete